Monday, June 8, 2009

First Rule of Ikea: Don't go to Ikea

Here is a short run down of tips I have for Ikea:

Don't make the rookie mistake of going to Ikea blindly. I did this my first time. Another major mistake, going with other people especially other people who love to shop. First, you need to research what you want. Know exactly what you are looking for and what your gameplan is. You can do some browsing on the 1st floor/as-is section but know exactly what furniture you are considering. Also, and this is important, don't go in mid-to-late summer right before school starts. Full of college kids, very annoying. And those massive sales they have every season or so? You will need to get there hours before it opens to get a wrist band.

Before I went, I did considerable research online and by mail in catalog so I knew what furniture I wanted. Of course, you cannot plan for every scenario but wandering aimlessly will either get you killed or slowly drive you insane.

These rules also apply for Dekalb Farmer's Market and Target.

2 comments:

seema said...

good to know you made it out alive. i haven't been back there since the near-death/ insanity experience i had there last summer.

Unknown said...

ugh college kids are the worst.

i like your tips, but i knew them already. you are good to go with though. janet, too. rules def apply to target though i could spend a long time in farmer's market.