Gob approaches their family attorney Barry Zuckercorn, who agrees to represent him to divorce his wife, a seal dealer who was sent to fight in Iraq.
Gob: "I just want my wife back!"
Barry: "Save it for the stand Tom Jane."
This is a reference to a previous episode where AD-Universe famous actor Tom Jane was undercover as a homeless man to do some method acting preparation for his role in Homeless Dad, a formulaic family comedy in which he spouts, "I just want my kids back!"
Another "aha" moment came while I was watching Michael Moore's Roger and Me. In his first documentary, there is a scene where the Flint elite are having a black-tie affair at a new prison opening, which is parodied in the season 2 episode Prison Break-in (the title of which is a reference to the prison show which I believe replaced AD's time slot after it was canned).
Finally, this may or may not be an intentional reference but Maggie Liezer, played by Julia-Louis Dreyfus, tells Michael (and I paraphrase), "you are only here for the baaaa-beee [baby]." This is reminiscent of Dreyfus' character on Seinfeld who in one episode mocked people obsessed with their own babies using the same inflection for the word baby.
Yes, I watched it.
15 years ago
1 comment:
Hehehe I have to say, Seinfeld/Arrested Development connections just spells awesome.
I'm so psyched that it looks like there will be an AD movie after all...!
Post a Comment