I was listening to Glen Beck today, and he was somehow relating the Declaration of Independence to permitting off-shore drilling. At one point, he seemed to be suggesting we overthrow the government so we can drill (as the founding fathers intended). I wasn't really getting his argument other than off-shore drilling = patriotic and ban on off-shore drilling = King George.
On a positive note, I listened to Neil Boortz for the first time and was shocked to discover he is somewhat reasonable. Before I knew it was him, I thought it was Air America resurrected. Boortz was in favor of gay marriage (or at least indifferent) saying it would have not affect his marriage or anyone elses in any way. Then, he went on to say how right wing evangelicals have corrupted and ruined the GOP. And he didn't go all Bill "F*ck it, lets do it live!" O' Reilly on callers who disagreed with him. This experience has taught me to Matthew 7:1 all conservative shock jocks if I have not listened to them first-hand.
Yes, I watched it.
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment