Tuesday, July 24, 2007

YouTube Debates

As much as I dislike YouTube, their inclusion in the debates wasn't a bad idea. But why YouTube? Could people just submit videos directly so we don't have to be forced into watching grainy, flash video? Anyway, the format offered some hard hitting questions you rarely see in debates but also some obnoxious cutsy garbage that was completely unnecessary. It did add some interesting drama. For instance, they showed a video of a North Carolina preacher arguing why Edward's faith was an obstacle for him supporting gay marriage. Edwards gave his response then Cooper says the guy is in the audience and wants to hear his reaction! It was very Jerry Springer-esque. In conclusion, I like all the candidates even crazy Gravel. Especially crazy Gravel.

1 comment:

Acree said...

North Carolina! Woot, woot. They probably picked You Tube because if they said, "Send in your own digital video," people would be like, "What???? I don't get it!?!??! Like by mail??? Can't I just use YouTube????" and "What's grainy?" including me.