Monday, May 11, 2009

I watched too many movies as a child...

Cinematical has an on-going featuring going through the movie releases of summers past.  The most recent article was on the summer of 1998. I probably saw most of these on good old VHS and cable. I will asterisk the ones I remember seeing in theaters and bold the ones I own on DVD.
  • He Got Game
  • Les Miserables
  • Deep Impact*
  • Bulworth
  • Godzilla** (saw twice in theaters)
  • Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
  • The Truman Show
  • Can't Hardly Wait
  • Dirty Work*
  • Six Days, Seven Nights
  • Mulan
  • Dr. Dolittle
  • Out of Sight
  • Armageddon*
  • Lethal Weapon 4
  • Small Soldiers
  • There's Something About Mary
  • The Mask of Zorro
  • Mafia!*
  • BASEketball
  • The Negotiator
  • Halloween: H20
  • Snake Eyes
  • The Avengers
  • Blade
  • Wrongfully Accused
  • Dead Man on Campus
I need to change my ways.

 Best movie is easily The Truman Show followed by Out of Sight (I remember falling asleep watching Out of Sight the first time, a rarity for me at any age). Difficult to pick a Worst Movie of the Summer of 1998 but I would go with Six Days, Seven Nights for being utterly forgetable. Although, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas was painful to watch.

LOL, remember Disturbing Behaivor? I sorta do. It was like the bad The Faculty (which is saying something). Teaching Mrs. Tingle? Surpisingly good. Kevin Williamson FTW!

And remember the Mark Wahlberg/Reese Witherspoon vehicle called Fear. "Let me in the house" FTW!


3 comments:

Matt said...

Six Days and Seven Nights and Lethal Weapon 4 came with your DVD player though so they don't count... I know this because they came with mine too, along with Stargate and Stepmom.

BluthMan said...

LOL! You caught me :) But I did watch them.
Yes I also had Stepmom and Stargate.

Chagan said...

I think I've seen two of those movies. I'm impressed, Ben.